The Rose Scott Women Writers' Festival
AT THE WOMEN'S CLUB
The Rose Scott Women Writers’ Festival was established in 2013 as an annual flagship event for The Women’s Club. Named after Rose Scott, one of the founders of The Women’s Club, it seeks to honour the memory of this influential woman who used her own writing – speeches, pamphlets and letters – to influence social policy and improve the living conditions of women and children.
The Festival showcases the rich diversity of genres in which contemporary Australian women writers explore issues of personal, social and political concern. The Festival features Australian women writers of fiction and non-fiction, in print, performance, film and electronic media. Offering guests inspiring speakers in welcoming environs, the Rose Scott Women Writers’ Festival has established itself as one of the most significant literary festivals on Sydney’s cultural calendar.
The festival is organised by a committee of the Womens Club:
- 2013-2014 Marg McKay (Director), Michaela Bolzan (Creative Director), Isabel Deeble, Gill Green, Robyn Karakasch, Joanna Lewis, Sharryn Ryan, Jenny Strachan
- 2015 Virginia Gordon, Dr Rosemary Huisman, Dr Wendy Michaels (Director)
- 2016 Isabel Deeble, Dr Rosemary Huisman, Dr Christine Jennett, Joanna Lewis, Judith O’Connor, Sharryn Ryan, Christine Yeats, Dr Wendy Michaels (Director)
- 2017 Isabel Deeble, Susan Flaxman, Dr Rosemary Huisman, Joanna Lewis, Paula McLean, Judith O’Connor, Sharryn Ryan, Christine Yeats, Dr Joy Wallace, Dr Wendy Michaels (Director)
- 2018 Nicole Abadee, Angela Bowne (Director), Noelle Janaczewska, Adrienne Gorme , Virginia Gordon, Amanda Mark, Joanna Lewis, Catherine du Peloux Menage
- 2019 Angela Bowne (Director), Anna Funder, Noelle Janaczewska, Virginia Gordon, Amanda Mark, Joanna Lewis, Sorrel Palmer, Catherine du Peloux Menage
- 2020 Catherine du Peloux Menagé (Director), Virginia Gordon, Amanda Mark, Jo Munro, Joanna Lewis